The purpose of the Student Advisory Board (SAB) is to:
- provide a mechanism for the GADE Board of Directors to better understand student concerns through increased student voice and input into GADE activities;
- support the GADE Board of Directors in planning and carrying out board activities with a particular student focus; and
- share SAB ideas, concerns, & activities with the broader GADE membership.
The SAB has no administrative or programmatic authority and is advisory only.
Expectations and Roles
- SAB will identify a chair of their committee, drawn from one of the two-year term members. There may be benefit to identifying two co-chairs.
- SAB members will meet bi-annually without the GADE Board.
- SAB members will meet with Board once per year, agenda to be set jointly with Board of Directors and SAB.
- Board will hold an informal gathering with SAB and FAB in person at one conference (either CSWE or SSWR) each year. All members will be encouraged to attend.
There is no compensation for participation on the SAB
The SAB consists of doctoral students from GADE member institutions (DSW and PhD programs) serving a two-year appointment. The SAB will be representative of the GADE membership and will include:
- One student from the team which was awarded the Initiative for Cross-Institutional Student Collaboration funding
- One student from the doctoral program hosting the GADE Annual Conference
- One Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR) student representative
Students from GADE member institutions will be invited to submit applications to join the SAB for a 2-year term. The Board will select five to seven students to join the SAB.